- THE MAJOR SHIPPERS REPORT.
This report provides General Import statistics from the Census Bureau for a variety of recent time periods on countries that exceed certain thresholds. Data does not include plastic apparel.
For more complete coverage, including data for 1989 forwards, see the Additional Import Data Reports below.
- U.S. General Imports by Category
- U.S. General Imports by Country
- U.S. General Imports by Part Category - now also in dollars!
- U.S. General Imports by Merged Category - now also in dollars!
(Due to requests for statistics on denim apparel imports from various interested parties, we now provide part category and merged part category reports for those products.)
- Previous Major Shippers Reports
- Major Shippers Monthly This report provides data on the increase/decrease of imports for the current month from selected countries in quantity and value.
- Top Ten. This report provides data for a variety of recent time periods for the top ten suppliers.
- The Textile Correlation.
- Additional Import Data Reports (TQ Data).
These interactive reports show U.S. Textile and Apparel Imports from ALL suppliers by 3-digit Category and Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) line item.
- U.S. Textile and Apparel Import Data in units
- U.S. Textile and Apparel Import Data in
- Explanatory Notes
Current and Historical (data back to 1989) U.S. textile and apparel imports by 3-digit MFA Category and Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) line item. Also allows one to group products or countries (annual only). The data can be viewed in a table or downloaded as an Excel® spreadsheet.
- Other Reports:
- The Export Market Report.
(U.S. Exports of Textile and Apparel Products in dollars)
Note: With the release of the January 2011 data, OTEXA expanded the product coverage for the Export Market Report to match the coverage in the Trade Balance Report.
- Interactive U.S. Export Data reports:
- by Schedule B. U.S. Exports of Textile and Apparel Products by Schedule B line item in first unit of quantity and in dollars.
- by Product Group. U.S. Exports of Textile and Apparel Products by major product groups in dollars.
- The Textile and Apparel Trade Balance Report.
Note: With the release of the January 2011 data, OTEXA expanded the product coverage for the Trade Balance Report by adding certain line items from HTS chapters 39, 64 and 96.
Click here the view the Trade Balance Report Product Coverage.
The new interactive Trade Balance Report. The U.S. textile and apparel trade balance with every country from 1989 to the present.
Trade Balance Report for selected Countries
Trade Balance Report for Free Trade Agreement Countries
Previous Trade Balance Reports
Trade Preference Programs.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection Commodity Status Report for Tariff Rate Quotas
U.S. Imports under Trade Preference Programs Data in Category Units Data in Million Dollars
Free Trade Agreements.
U.S. Imports Under Free Trade Agreements
Data in Million Dollars Note: this report uses the same product coverage that we use for the Trade Balance Report. This coverage corresponds to the product coverage of textile provisions under Free Trade Agreements and it is different than that of the Major Shippers Report which covers imports of textile and apparel in products that were subject to possible quota restraint by the United States under the MFA (Multi-Fiber Arrangement). Since we do not have square meter equivalent factors for all of the additional products, the report is provided in U.S. dollars only. Disclaimer.
Footwear, Leather and Travel Goods.
by Major Product Groups
Detailed Trade Data
by HTS and Schedule B
- An Interactive source for detailed Annual and Monthly data.
TPLs under Free Trade Agreements
- The Export Market Report.
U.S. IMPORTS AND EXPORTS OF TEXTILES AND APPAREL